March 11, 2011

Yes, it is at Mi Pueblito Restaurant!


More and more, East Boston is becoming known for its bourgeoning restaurant community. Mi Pueblito Restaurant on Border Street in East Boston has a menu filled with foods that will please everyone. The food is Mexican, Salvadoran, and Guatemalan.

You’ll find fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, burritos, quesadillas, soups, and pupusas. There are vegetarian choices as well as dishes containing tongue, deer, and tripe for the adventurous carnivores.

Seafood is one of my favorites, so I enjoyed the shrimp quesadillas. The portions were generous and there was even enough to bring home leftovers. I also sipped on some fresh melon juice. Sweet and refreshing!

Mi Pueblito is also very kid friendly and has a special children’s menu. So make sure to bring the little tots with you! The restaurant interior is wide open and nice artwork hangs on cheerful yellow walls.

If you have a sweet tooth, dessert choices include flan, tres leches, and fried plantains with cream. I had to cut my lunch short and take my dessert to go. There was no way I was missing out on that tres leches cake! When I got home, I savored every wonderful morsel.

~ Review by Lisa C. Johnson ~


© 2009-2011. iZiT lty. All rights reserved.

No comments: