July 29, 2011

Yes, it is at Los Pinos Salvadorean & Mexican Grill!


It's 5:57 pm and as usual, I've done a Boston.com/traffic check on my mobile phone. Traffic is starting to flow, but I think I'll wait a bit until the flow south on Route 93 is fully green. And so, I hunker down at a local Salvadorean & Mexican Grill in East Boston called Los Pinos. Literal translation: The Pines.

I order up a beef Salvadorean-style Enchilada. Takes a little longer than ordering up a burger at a fast food outlet, but just as well. I can wait for something tasty. Within 5 minutes my enchilada is served up. I quickly snap up a few pics and proceed to bite into it. The base of the enchilada is a crunchy fried dough with steak, lettuce, coleslaw, sliced beets, cucumbers, and goats cheese piled on top.

And just like that, I'm transported back to a time when enchiladas were a bi-weekly affair in our household. Like my mother's, Los Pinos does not disappoint. Orale!

Washed down with a cold, large glass of a reddish, seeded sweet juice or Refresco de Chang, which is a blended Chia seed drink.

Los Pinos
82 Bennington St.
E. Boston, MA 02128
617.567.1761
Delivery Available



© 2009-2011. iZiT LTY. All rights reserved.

No comments: