August 13, 2011

Yes, it is at Montecristo!


It's 3:36 pm on what seems to be one of the muggiest summer days of 2011. And I love it!

That's right, you read it right. I love it. This is the type of weather that I look forward to especially on one of those crazy, dreadfully soulless, gray cold nights here in Boston.

What's anathema to me? Someone complaining in the middle of the summer that it's too hot. Either that or that it's too muggy. Or worst both.

Back to the gist of the matter. I'm sitting here in Lynn's Montecristo Taqueria & Pupuseria Mexican-Salvadorean Restaurant waiting for the owner. And while I'm at it I figured why not break my diet and go for one of their delicious tacos. Yes, a folded corn tortilla with Pico de Gallo—diced tomatoes and onions with cilantro, and in this outing my choice of meat: chicken. I've also ordered up a side of guacamole.

Excuse me. My taco just arrived. Let me quickly spread some of this homemade guacamole on top and proceed to tear into it.

And just like that, I'm immediately transported back to my little town in Chiapas (Mexico), San Salvador (El Salvador), or any city called Trujillo in Latin America, which I would be proud to call home.

I order up a glass of tamarind juice, but all they have is the soda version. So I settle for marañón natural juice, which is equally sweet and hits the spot just the same.

Will I be back? I most certainly think so. I have to try their Beef Taco.

Montecristo
116 Central Ave
Lynn, MA 01901
781.593.1548
Delivery and catering available.

Update: Tamarind juice is now available. Yes!!!


© 2009-2011. iZiT LTY. All rights reserved.

No comments: